September has been a funny month, there were highs, lows, plenty of excitement and some amazing surprises. We have been very busy with a big new project that we have just officially kickstarted, Nefeli Nine Retreats. This has been in the pipes for a while now and is now officially official! We will still be running plenty of camps and events through Crossed Feet Sports Camps, so don’t worry!
Mobility warm up
Strength: 3 sets of max reps pull ups – be sure to take a good break in between sets.
5 Lunge Complex (Lunge clock – forward, side, back on both legs) straight into an inch worm, and a burpee!
16 Tuck Sit Ups
Emilio and I did this last week and it’s fun, challenging and slightly different. For an extra challenge try doing the pull ups with a soft ball in between your thighs!
Food Glorious Food
Turkey Chilli!! We had a few days of very cool weather last week so we thought it was time to start cooking something that would warm us up a little more. This is a super simple but delicious recipe. I like to make extra and pop it in the freezer.
2 Small Onions
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tbsp Cumin
1/2 tbsp Oregano
2 tsp Chili Flakes
1.5kg Lean Turkey Mince
2 Cans of Cannellini Beans
500ml of Chicken Stock
Salt & Pepper
Heat a large heavy bottomed pot over medium flame. When hot, spray with oil.
Add onions, garlic, sauté about 5 min.
Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add salt, chili flakes, cumin, oregano and cook for 2 minutes.
Add beans and stock, cook uncovered about 10 minutes.
Lower heat and cover, simmer for about 45 minutes, mixing occasionally.
Serve with some Greek yoghurt, sliced avocado, jalapenos and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Other Fun Stuff
· Our amazing friends from Switzerland visiting for a long weekend! We managed to squeeze in wakeboarding, wake surfing, hiking, fresh fish on the beach, birthday cakes, and even a little bit of touristing!
· Preparing for and launching Nefeli Nine – a major part of this has been regular hikes which we are both really enjoying. It is a fantastic way to get out a bit more and explore.
· Doing a handstand workshop with Mark Robberds – a great yoga teacher who we have been following for quite a while and who happened to be in Greece for a workshop!
· We organized a clean up at Fitness Art, the gym where Emilio works, to mark World Clean Up Day 2018. There is a park in front of the gym which we frequently run through.
· Emilio has started a new bodyweight class, every Tuesday at 6pm at Myrtmigi Studio!
· Meeting new people, trying new things, launching new projects and generally feeling excited about what is to come!